Hornby Arts, Executive Director
The Hornby Island Arts Council is looking for a skilled Executive Director to provide senior management administrative services. The Executive Director will oversee the fiscal management of the Hornby Arts Operations & Programs and the building funds for the Art Centre currently under construction.
Hornby Arts has experienced significant growth during the last three years and is currently operating arts programs and artist support services with the support of 4 core staff. The next few years will continue to be growth and transition years as we finalize the construction and prepare for the opening of the new Art Centre which is anticipated to be in June 2024. The Arts Centre will be a space that is grounded in community and that serves artists needs and local residents all year, as well as seasonal visitors. The Arts Centre will be a space for building friendship and relations with regional indigenous communities, in particular the K’omoks First Nation, whose unceded territories include Hornby Island.
As part of this exciting and dynamic organization, the Executive Director will work with a dedicated staff team to implement the overall vision and direction of Hornby Arts programs and services. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate with considerable opportunity for growth.
- Fiscal Management/Budget Preparation
- Board Management
- Grant Writing
- Long Term Fundraising Strategy Development and Implementation
- Public Relations & Communications
- HR Management
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Written & Oral Communications skills
- Experience with writing grant applications and reporting to all levels of government
- Experience with staff management and working in a team environment
- Understanding of arts based/ non profit organizations
- Familiar with office management technology, including spreadsheets, Quickbooks, Google docs, etc.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with community organizations
Application Deadline: July 15, 2023
Salary Range $40,000-$55,000, depending on experience and qualifications. This position is for 30 hrs/week. Skill level in all areas will be taken into consideration for remuneration. The successful candidate ideally will reside on Hornby Island, or be within close travel proximity.
Please forward your application and CV to: info@ hornbyarts.com with the Executive
Director in the subject line. Applicants selected for interview will be required to supply three letters of reference.