The Hornby Island Arts Council is looking to hire two summer interns!
The positions are for 12 weeks of work at 30hrs/week for $20/hr starting June 2nd and ending August 25th. Apply by May 29th.
All work will be conducted in strict compliance with provincial COVID regulations, Public Health Orders, and with review from our local health authority as required.
Work will involve a wide range of activities including supporting ongoing programs, arts education, public outreach, producing and supporting public arts, digital arts, and more.
-Social Media support.
-Remote online work.
-Greeting the public.
-Assisting with audiovisual work.
-Helping organize public and community art programs and potential installations.
Your Skills and Interests:
-Good with communications, email, Zoom, telephone, etc.
-Able to take responsibility for tasks and work in a team environment.
-Timeliness and dependability—good with deadlines.
-Organized multi-tasker and good with a schedule.
-Creative and artistic background and interests.
The positions are supported by and must meet the conditions of the Young Canada Works program as administered by the Canadian Museum Association. Applicants must:
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible);
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Be between 16 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment;
- Not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the Young Canada Works (YCW) work assignment;
- Have been a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the semester preceding the YCW work assignment; and
- Intend to return to full-time studies in the semester following the YCW work assignment.
To apply to these positions, you must register online at Young Canada Works and express your interest to the Hornby Island Arts Council by May 29th:
Please provide a resume with references of no more than 2 pages and a cover letter explaining your interest in the work and ties to Hornby Island.