The Hornby Island Arts Council is looking for a skilled Executive Director to provide senior management administrative services including overseeing the fiscal management of the Hornby Arts Programs and the building funds for the Art Centre for Hornby Island
Hornby Arts has experienced significant growth during the last three years and is currently operating arts programs and artist support services with the support of 4 core staff. The next few years will continue to be growth and transition years as we prepare for the construction and the opening of the new Arts Centre. The Arts Centre will be a space that is grounded in community and that serves artists needs and local residents all year, as well as seasonal visitors. The Arts Centre will be a space for building friendship and relations with regional indigenous communities in the Comox Valley, in particular the K’ómoks First Nation, whose unceded territories include Hornby Island.
As part of this dynamic organization, the Executive Director will work with the Director of Programming and Communications, Administrator, Bookkeeper, and Media Artist to implement the overall vision and direction of Hornby Arts programs and services. This is a very exciting opportunity for the right candidate with considerable responsibility and opportunity for growth. The position is eligible for health and dental benefits under the staff group plan.
- Fiscal Management/Budget Preparation
- Board Responsibilities
- Grant Applications & Reporting for both the Art Centre and Hornby Arts Programming
- Long Term Fundraising
- Strategy Development and Implementation
- Public Relations & Communications
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Written & Oral Communications skills
- Experience in writing grant applications and reporting to all levels of government
- Experience with staff management and working in a team environment
- Understanding of arts based/ non-profit organization management
- Familiar with office management technology, CRM and web tools (programs include Slack, MS Office, GoogleDrive, Quickbooks, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work with community organizations
Relevant post-secondary education and demonstrated experience in areas of responsibility.
$40,000–$55,000, depending on experience and qualifications. This position is envisioned for 30 hrs/week. Skill level in all areas will be taken into consideration for remuneration. Residency on Hornby Island or Denman Island is highly recommended.
June 24, 2022
Please forward your application and CV to: email@example.com with “Executive Director” in the subject line. Applicants selected for interview will be required to supply three letters of reference.T